Thursday, September 3, 2009

PACKAGE!!!

I got my first care package today!
Thanks Bob!!! John Huston is an American PhD candidate working with MGVP on livestock health, and he was on vacation in the US this month - he brought my package back with him. YAY!
I now have almonds and wasabi peas (Candi, I LOVE the nut/wasabi pea combo now!), a small mirror for my bedroom, an external hard drive, and MOVIES! YAY!

Becky and Howie - I haven't received the packages you sent in the mail yet, but John just told me that since April (genocide remembrance time) when the post office slows to a crawl, packages have taken about 32 days, so I'm still hopeful!

Today was a desk day. Got a lot done, but still a long way to go before I feel like I know my way around the files, accounting, previous cases, etc. But I'm getting there!

My muscles are sore from yesterday's trek. Feels good.

3 comments:

  1. I spoke to Becky yesterday, who was wondering whether she'd hear about the package. So I was so excited when I read the title of your post :) Becky has set up a schedule, so there will be more on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!
    Can you tell I'm excited about packages???
    Feels like camp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW - since I am now obsessed with learning of all things Rwandan (since I now know someone there) Here is a neat little fact sheet link that I found interesting. According the Rwandan life expectancies - you are quite old! (Thanks for sharing Lisa!)

    http://atlas.mapquest.com/atlas/?region=rwanda

    ReplyDelete