Monday, January 11, 2010

Lesser Striped Swallows



This morning Ama and I were sitting in my office working, well, I was working, she was sleeping, when a small flock of Lesser Striped Swallows swooped into our courtyard and flew in circles for about 5 minutes! They are BEAUTIFUL! Ama went to the door and watched with me - her little head went round and round as she tried to follow them. I think it was a family of just fledged babies because 2 of them seemed to want to leave the courtyard, and the others just kept swooping around, one landing on my wind chimes briefly. It was one of those unexpected but magical moments. I couldn't get a picture - these are from the web.



By the way, I posted a new blog, but it is dated January 4 since that's when I started it - fun times in Goma!

No comments:

Post a Comment