Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Dog walking...

Yesterday Ama and I walked to Julie's house for a visit - about a 5 minute walk. Ama doesn't quite get the whole leash thing yet, so she was bouncing around as we walked, grabbing the leash in her mouth and tugging a bit. We were quite the spectacle. Around here nobody walks their dogs. They walk goats with a collar and leash, to new owners houses, or the market, but not dogs. So I had one person exclaim "That's a DOG!" as we walked by. In English, which was surprising! There were a couple of teen-age boys following us, making barking noises, as teen-age boys will do. And the best was when someone went by on a motorbike with a camera taking pictures - he even turned around for another pass! Talk about role reversal - that's usually me taking picutres from the car window! I smiled and waved as Ama yanked on the leash. I am in the minority here in so many ways, but getting used to it. Ntakibazo. No worries.

There is a new post on Gorilladoctorsblog about Kuryama. I visited his group on New Year's Day.

3 comments:

  1. The pictures taken of you and Ama will probably show up in someone's photo album with the caption, "you won't believe this...she's walking a DOG!"....too funny...hakuna matata.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that! Next you can give them your dog food recipe.

    I left some questions on the Gorilla Doctor blog. Will you see it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cyndie - I answered your questions already!!!
    Thanks for the comments - I LOVE hearing from home.

    ReplyDelete