Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Updates

My friends Molly and John and climbing Sabinyo today - over 12000 feet!!! Maybe next year for me...

MGVP sponsored a training workshop for about 20 community people (including a Batwa group) on how to use a press that makes fuel briquettes out of discarded paper, rice hulls, etc. These briquettes will be used in place of charcoal so tons of benefit - reduced charcoal use, recycled paper use, a business for the people who own the presses and the people they employ! We brought over the first press from Congo to Rwanda. Very exciting! Pix soon.

I'm putting up Christmas decorations this evening - I can't believe it is already 2 weeks until Christmas!

Ama weighs 7 pounds already! Chewy has forgiven me, but only if Ama is not present (when I tried to introduce them he snarled fiercely and ran away, and didn't let me touch him for 2 days. He is a very sensitive boy). Fox is beginning to tolerate Ama; a very good sign! Dan hasn't met her yet (I worry that his cart will run her over!).

I was supposed to be on a live California Public Radio broadcast on Tuesday, but just as we were going on air I lost the internet connection (not uncommon here, unfortunately). But they decided to reschedule for next week. Fingers crossed for the connection!

New post at gorilladoctorsblog about Ndeze and Ndakasi. They are doing so well!

And Bob, I am wearing my new sunglasses at appropriate times!

No comments:

Post a Comment