Wednesday, October 14, 2009

25 years

Today is Bob and my 25th wedding anniversary! A quarter of a century - geez we are getting old...

I am so lucky to have a husband that supports my passion for the work I'm doing here in Rwanda. Who didn't bat an eye (well barely batted an eye, anyway!) when I first mentioned that I saw the add, and that maybe I would apply for the position. He supported me as I struggled to decide whether or not to leave the comfort of my position at the zoo, the comfort of my home and family. He helped me pack, shared my excitement and trepidation as I prepared for this journey. And he stayed home, holding down the fort while I live my dream. He even promised to be nice to the cats while I'm away!

I am so lucky. I love you Bob.
See you in 2 weeks!!!

7 comments:

  1. Hurray!!!! Happy Anniversary to 2 incredibly supportive people. Much love, Cyndie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to believe that it's really been 25 years that we were all at your wedding! You're right...you are old!(Joe and I just celebrated our 19th anniversary yesterday...yikes!)Congrats to you both!!xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is no way that it has been 25 years since we stood there at your wedding.
    I was 30 years old when you got married and I am only..... Oh yeah, I guess it was 25 years ago.
    Congrats,
    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jan-
    I had the pleasure of spending a couple of days with Bob when he was here visiting Doug. He is a wonderful person and a supportive, loyal friend. I am glad you are living your dream!
    I wish you both a Happy, Happy Anniversary. Looking forward to being with both of you down the road. Congratulations!
    Jo Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy, Happy.....although I only have a very infrequent phone relationship with Bob, I can tell he's alright :) But your half ain't bad either!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jan-Happy Anniversary to a great couple!Your work in Rwanda is so inspiring--thanks so much for your stories and photos. Bruce and I just saw on the news that the Cincinnati Zoo harvests and freezes greens collected on site and feeds them to their gorillas (and other animals)during the winter. Is that what they call zoo community supported agriculture (zoo-CSA)? love, mary jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy anniversary! You know, I think it might be my parents' anniversary too -- something like 63rd!!

    ReplyDelete