Saturday, July 10, 2010

Rock Island

Last week I spent some time with a friend of a Friend - Tim is an engineer who is with Engineers Without Borders. He worked with Carl, my friend from Madison who has worked here in Rwanda through EWB. Tim and his friends and I went to see the gorilla orphans and talked about Madison Wisconsin, and had a nice time! At the end of the visit Tim handed me a small package from Carl, which contained playing cards and score cards - yay! I need to teach some folks around here to play Euchre! There was also a Rock Island bandanna that looks to be compliments of Melinda - thank you! I put it on my wall so that I can easily go to Rock Island in my memories as I look at the familiar map. And Mary, thank you for the wonderful letter and chive card. I am thinking of you all as you get ready for the annual trek to the rock.

This is the picture I have on my computer desk top from several years ago. I'll be there in spirit this summer!

2 comments:

  1. I realize you don't need scorecards for Euchre, but I had a vague memory that you also play Bridge...

    It'll be fun to hear of your family's Africa adventures when we see them in a couple of weeks.

    Cheers,
    Carl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture Jan!! Trying to teach Becky to post on your blog :)

    ReplyDelete