Sunday, August 9, 2009

I figured out the photos

This will be a short blog - too late for many words!
I figured out how to upload photos - here is the house - pretty nice! The first two photos are the livingroom. Don't worry, the TV only works for DVDs.. Next is my office - very comfortable!












This courtyard is in the middle of the U-shaped house, dividing the main living space from the lab. I've already found a chameleon and several skinks in the courtyard. Common,I know, but exciting for me! Wonderful birds too!




Here's the chameleon - I think it is a Montane side-striped chameleon.




Yesterday and today were spent getting my office organized and learning my way around the computer files.
Tomorrow starts week 2 and I am ready to dig in and wrap my head around all aspects of mountain gorilla health!

4 comments:

  1. What the heck is a skink? I do agree however that the chameleon is definitely a Montane side-striped...duh! Lovies, Candice Ann xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Photos!!

    Looks alot better than the ... somewhat fuzzy Skype video?

    I think I need to send you a new webcam ... and some cereal.

    xxoo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU ROCK!!!!! I am soooo proud of you and am stoked that you are doing this! I am telling EVERYONE I know to check out this blog! Now, If I could just get you to confirm Nikki as a contact on Skype we could "chat"! Miss you. Keep the pics coming. Diane and Ayrton love the pics and seeing where Aunt Jan is. Diane liked the pic of the chameleon but noticed that it was YOUR hand.... she actually new it was you. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for you. I can't wait to read your adventures. Thanks so much for sharing this blog. Carmella thinks the chameleon picture was great! She can't wait to learn more about your adventures, too. Look forward to more!

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete